|Job Type:||Full Time|
How would you like to play a part in Kmart's success?
It's an exciting time at Kmart, we are currently Australia's most profitable retailer and we have some big plans in place that will ensure our business continues to grow and be hugely successful! We are currently transforming our digital channels with the aim of significantly increasing our online business and, with more new stores in the pipeline and expansion into new markets, there has never been a better time to join this iconic retailer!
The key to our success? Our vision where families come first for the lowest prices on everyday items. Our products and prices are IRRESISTIBLE and every day we do our utmost to exceed our customer expectations.
Over the past few years we’ve revolutionised the way we buy and merchandise our product and have successfully transformed our business into one of Australia’s most successful discount department store retailers. Our focus is to deliver an exceptional own brand product whilst ensuring we maintain lowest prices whilst delivering great quality. We are currently keen to hear from experienced buyers ideally having worked previously in product development within a big box retail environment.
The role of the Buyer at Kmart will provide you with the opportunity to work on a high profile category to really maximise its potential. You will be able to develop and deliver strategic direction, as well as develop tactical merchandise plans, incorporating business plans and market trends.
Other key responsibilities should you be successful in securing this role will be to:
- Successfully invigorate your department by reflecting a ‘trend aware’ range that stimulates customer interest
- Maximise department sales and increase profitable market share by implementing a strong commercial plan
- Select and source (direct) merchandise that reflects the strategy and contributes towards your category becoming a ‘destination’ that feeds customer anticipation
- Through market, customer insights analysis and working with the Kmart in-house design team, identify and deliver product ranges targeting the Kmart customer
- Work with the Planner to develop Merchandise and Financial plans for the department
- Work with Marketing Teams to support Kmart Promotional Programs
To be successful in securing this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Previous experience in a Merchandise Buying role within a retail environment (preferably big box or high volume) where you have been involved in full product life-cycle
- Proven background in offshore sourcing and new product development for trend apparel lines
- An ability to interpret and act on product performance with demonstrable results
- Solid financial, numerical and analysis skills combined with well-honed commercial skills
- Proven success in driving positive results through strong negotiations
- Strong communication skills combined with exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Continued diligence in keeping abreast on market trends with an agility to act quickly
Our culture is fun, positive, honest and professional. We treat each other equally, with respect and we like to keep things simple. We operate at a fast pace, are highly results focussed and we all work collaboratively to ensure the continued success of our business and that we delight our customers every day! Our structure is non-hierarchical; our leaders are approachable and foster a culture that encourages innovation, safety and autonomy.
We have a lot to offer our team members including great development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, a generous bonus scheme and benefits program and access to Wesfarmers share plan.
So if you have the required experience and our culture sounds like the right fit for you – don't miss this great opportunity to join Australia's most profitable retailer.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies. Agencies - Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by a Recruitment team member.
To apply please upload your current resume and complete the online application form.