|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 260 stores and employing over 44,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
Reporting in to the National VM Manager, we have a newly created opportunity for a retail-savvy visual merchandiser to join our expanding marketing team. The successful person for this role will be undertaking the following key responsibilities;
- Managing all VM calendars and communication deadlines
- Ensures all Visual Merchandising in store creates maximum impact but is simple to execute
- Create and design inspiring shopfront windows
- Act as a key coordinator between the retail business units (RBU’s)
- Works collaboratively with the space team to ensure we maximise ROI
To meet the challenges of this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Relevant Visual Merchandising diploma or similar education – those with a Tertiary Design considered preferable but not essential
- Prior experience in Visual Merchandising either in the stores or head office environment (preferably combined with Clothing/General Merchandise categories)
- Retail experience with the in-store ‘hands on’ practical ability and able to demonstrate a good eye for detail
- Ability to read store plans, information, elevations and follow instructions
- Demonstrated ability to develop and build VM store communications
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.