|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 235 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
Kmart’s focus is to deliver an exceptional own brand (and National Brand) product whilst ensuring we maintain extraordinarily low prices whilst delivering great quality. Our Buying team, in partnership with our Designers and Planners are critical to the success of Kmart and we are currently seeking applications from experienced Buyer Assistants for an opportunity in the Beauty space. Working closely with the Buyer, the Buying Assistant role offers variety and challenge, with the scope to further develop your business skills, product knowledge and broaden your career path.
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for the following;
- Provide efficient and timely support to the Buyer, covering all administrative aspects of the portfolio
- Assist in range reviews and supplier review preparation
- Hold responsibility for coordinating advertising submissions and managing samples for advertising and quality assurance purposes
- Build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, acting as the contact point for both store and supplier queries
To meet the challenges of this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Exceptional attention to detail with a strong customer focus and a professional approach to supplier relations
- Strong computer literacy, with strong skills in MS Word, Outlook and Excel (essential)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle priorities
- Previous experience in a merchandise role working within either Buying, Planning, Product Design - those with experience in a similar role or from a 'big box' retail environment will be considered highly favourable;
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have demonstrable experience in beauty product.
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.