|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 200 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced DC Manager at our Distribution Centre in Lytton QLD
Reporting to our Head of Domestic Supply Chain Operations, the scope of this career defining opportunity is as follows:
- Hold full responsibility for the day to day operations of the site to ensure safety, service and financial performance targets are achieved
- Strategically focused on delivering future vision for site on safety, people and values, operational performance, customer service, strategy and commercial objectives
- Develop and execute National Supply Chain Strategy
- Lead and Execute agreed plan either via third party providers or direct Kmart team managers of resources to meet productivity targets and improvements
- Lead, drive and champion lean and continual improvement culture
- Manage service providers to deliver against agreed service levels and KPIs, as per their 3PL service level agreements and job descriptions
- Sign off operational specifications and participate in procurement processes as operational subject matter expertise
- Provide Subject Matter expert collaboration and communication of Kmart requirements to service providers
As the ideal candidate you will require:
- Logistics management experience at senior management level, including Warehousing, Transport and Supply Chain
- Tertiary and/or post graduate qualifications in supply chain, logistics and/or business management highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in managing large teams to deliver safety, financial and service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Experience in building a high performing team and maximising team performance
- Proven interpersonal skills, ability to coach, counsel and discipline Team Members
- Strong values and behaviours leader
- Demonstrated leadership, relationship building, communication, influencing and teamwork skills
- Capacity to be an effective and positive change agent, continuous improvement of championing innovation experience.
As a passionate and experienced leader, you will motivate and build capability within your team whilst coaching for high performance. Your delivery of exceptional customer service will set the standard for your team members and you will role model the Kmart values of Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher which embody everything we do at Kmart.
Why you will love Kmart
You will benefit from joining an amazing business and a dynamic team who are all committed to the success of Kmart and providing our customers with a great shopping experience. Our values will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive. Your work environment will be highly collaborative, fast-paced and progressive, with no two days the same!
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, an uncapped bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Target and Officeworks.
So if you have the required experience and our culture sounds like the right fit for you – don’t miss this great opportunity to join Australia’s most profitable retailer.
Applications close November 27, 2020
Phone screening and interviews will occur prior to the closing date of this advertisement. Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies. Agencies - Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by a Recruitment team member.