At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities.
Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
We are currently looking for an experienced Trade Qualified Execution Supervisor to help support our Asset Integrity Remediation projects, specifically within the Mine Underground & Surface areas. In this role, you will provide strong and engaging leadership to the department and help them safely achieve departmental and Olympic Dam business objectives, maximising efficiencies and creating value for the business.
In this role you will:
- Ensure all safe work systems, procedures and standards are adhered to through frequent inspection of the workplace
- Conduct motivating and interactive Pre Start meetings to ensure safety is paramount within the team
- Manage/maintain team work roster and work management capacities taking into account required manning levels, training, planned and unplanned absences
- Take on the Field Leadership role where you engage and coach workers to deliver projects safely
- Conduct / Participate in workplace investigations as required
- Plan, develop, organise and program remediation activities associated with the projects.
- Review Task Hazard Analyst (THA) and Risk Assessments (RRRT), review Material Data Reports (MDR’s) and Field Test Reports (FTR’s) for compliance.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well-equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7 on / 7 off Days & Nights roster with residential or DIDO options available.
- A commitment to safety
- Hold a current Trade Qualification in a Mechanical field (Boiler Making or Mechanical Fitting)
- Have extensive background in Structural / Mechanical projects is essential
- Contractor management experience
- Superior verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills including
- 1SAP and Microsoft Office and MS Project experience
- Be an effective leader with proven experience to develop and mentor within an existing team environment
- Understanding of Quality Assurance principles and associated systems and practices
- Solid problem solving and decision making abilities
- Able to deliver high quality work with strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp and explain complex technical problems
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.