|Location:||Southbank - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) is Victoria's safety regulator responsible for electricity, gas and pipeline safety. Our role is to ensure that Victorian gas and electricity industries are safe and meet community expectations. We are also responsible for licensing and registering electricians, and educating the community about energy safety. Our people come from a wide range of professions with diverse skills and experience driving the success of ESV.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting permanent opportunity reporting to the General Counsel, as the Secretariat Officer you will be responsible for ensuring appropriate governance and procedural compliance, develop key tools and standards to deliver consistent operations of secretariat services across ESV.
- Manage the provision of secretariat services for the Commission and the various committees and panels, including monitoring governance and procedural compliance.
- Provide strategic and administrative support for key Commission committees and panels including planning agendas, coordinating meetings, coordinating and reviewing papers for consistency, relevance and quality.
- Develop and maintain strong connections with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the consistent, integrated and efficient delivery of secretariat services.
- Contribute to the development, review and continuous improvement of secretariat procedures across ESV.
- Develop key tools, processes and documents to support the consistent operation of secretariat services across ESV.
- Ensure best practice governance processes for board documents and meetings are in place and maintained.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements applying to the procedures of the Commission.
To be successful, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Law or Business.
- Significant experience in a similar position within a fast-moving professional environment.
- Strong knowledge of governance compliance and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of the requirements for the management of board and committee records.
- Experience chairing and supporting committees and key stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to influence and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
Why join us?
At Energy Safe Victoria we offer roles that enable our people to feel valued by making a meaningful contribution to the Victorian community. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and supportive culture, and support the skills and career development of our people through regular leaning, development and growth opportunities.
How to apply
Please refer to the available position description to assess your suitability and submit your current resume and cover letter via the Apply button. ESV will conduct relevant and required checks about applicants and the information provided with an application. Such checks will include but are not limited to:
- ESV contacting current and previous employer(s) to substantiate employment history, past conduct and performance is required.
- A satisfactory National Police Check will be required (for all non-ESV employees).
Please note that the location for this opportunity may temporarily be working from home due to the current requirements for all Victorians to practice social distancing amid the pandemic.