|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Health & Safety Superintendents interested in joining our South Australian team.
This role will see you develop and manage the company and client requirements relating to operational health and safety; training and assessment, and allied support services to the Downer Mining underground operations personnel and management team.
Candidates must reside in South Australia and be available to FIFO on a 2:2 or 8:6 roster.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Support the Downer Mining underground operations team by providing assistance and advice through the implementation of the required training programs and safety initiatives as planned for the site
- Deliver occupational training and assessment activities to ensure the competence, safety and wellbeing of all Downer Mining employees based on site
- Ensure site compliance to the agreed training outcomes for the Downer Mining underground personnel based on site in conjunction with the other stakeholders on site
- Promote safe, healthy and environmentally responsible work practices incorporating the principles of risk management within the workplace
- Influence the management team to implement hazard reporting and corrective action measures in accordance with the company and site requirements
- Participate in incident reports and investigations by delivering accurate information within the specified timeframes.
- Support sites in managing and improving the environmental management system
- Monitor and report on the health and safety performance of your area of responsibility
- Monitor and report on all direct reports performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and implement actions where required
- Ensure close working relationships are developed and maintained with Downer Mining Underground Operations and the relevant to the departments associated with Safety, Training and Environment based on site
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training
- QMS1, QMS2 & QMS3
- MNCG1002A, Implement & Apply the Risk Management Process
- Formal qualifications in education, business / social science, OH&S, training and assessment or another related discipline or substantial learning and exposure in the work environment
- Experience in a training role with exposure to group facilitation
- Strong computer literacy skills with working knowledge of Microsoft suite of packages
- Demonstrated knowledge of underground mining processes and operations
- Generic Underground Induction
- Relevant operating permits and authorisations endorsed by the registered Site Manager
- Current Driver Licence
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Accommodation provided which offers free Wi-Fi, great dining facilities with a range of food options as well as a range of lifestyle options to make you feel at home;
- Telstra 4G mobile network coverage available across site
- A permanent role with a competitive and attractive salary & benefits
- Access to a range of employee benefits and discounts on health insurances and local health check programs, as well as discounted vehicle hire and much more!
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities;
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employee;
- Job security in the form of a long-term contract and a long term mine life.
For further information regarding this role, please contact email@example.com If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the 'Apply' button and complete the online application. Resumes will not be accepted via email.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply