|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring in your strong engagement skill and strategic procurement experience to support the dynamic and versatile project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Procurement and Subcontract Officer, in our team based either in Adelaide, South Australia or Perth, Western Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Procurement and Subcontract Manager, you will be responsible for the establishment, placement and management of the appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the business.
This role will require an individual with a broad knowledge across all facets of supply chain, procurement and contract management to maximise value and minimise risk to the program and more broadly, BAE Systems.
Specifically, you will be involved in:
- Undertake the procurement of goods and services critical to the program through effective sourcing strategy development and contract management
- Effectively manage allocated tasks and small projects to achieve value for money for the program whilst minimising risk relating to cost, schedule, quality and safety.
- Proactively manage the performance of suppliers and subcontractors to achieve the requirements of the contract, manage risks, identify opportunities and develop and embed the relevant key performance indicators (KPIs), and strategic performance measures
- Generate and manage the lifecycle management (LCM) procurement and subcontract management plans
- Lead the supplier evaluation process and support sourcing recommendations on behalf of the business
- Lead supplier negotiations and finalise supplier agreements and purchase orders in accordance with set procedures and delegations of authority (DOA)
- Deputise for the Procurement and/or Subcontracts Manager as required
- Lead, manage and develop team members to deliver the required capability to meet the needs of the business
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in strategic sourcing, procurement, contract management within a complex environment
- Good commercial skill with proven capability in contract negotiation and working in ambiguous environment
- An ability to form working relationship in a project or operational environment, with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to work under pressure, analyse critically and manage and prioritise multiple work activities
- Proficient user of ERP system such as Oracle, SAP or similar, Ms office package including word, excel and power point
- Electronics manufacturing and ICT procurement experience is highly desirable
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in procurement/supply chain or commercial discipline with professional procurement qualification or a membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply is desirable.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain the appropriate level security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.