|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Lead within a professional commercial team on Australia's largest shipbuilding program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history is underway in Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Commercial Manager in our ASC Shipbuilding team at the Osborne Naval Shipyard, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a Commercial Manager on the ASC Shipbuilding program, you will be responsible for providing commercial guidance and direction to the business, including direct management of significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations in relation to the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
More specifically, you will:
- Form and manage collaborative relationships with internal/external stakeholders including with the key customer.
- Provide guidance and support to the business on the delivery of contract obligations, and contribute to the successful completion of program milestones.
- Drive the implementation of commercial policies and practices including the assurance of adherence to functional governance requirements
- Provide guidance to the business and projects on compliance with contract, corporate Australian government and foreign government requirements for management of intellectual property, export controlled information and confidential information, and the plan and management of Australian Industry Capability
- Contribute to internal governance reviews and reporting
- Identify and manage commercial risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective means of managing those risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Prepare negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
- Prepare, deliver and maintain commercial management plans as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A tertiary qualification in a commercial, contracts or business management discipline
- Significant experience in a commercial / contract management position
- Previous experience working in the Defence industry and an understanding of ASDEFCON
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- Advanced problem solving skills and ability to balance conflicting priorities and manage time and workload both in the office
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.