|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in software engineering, including experience with web services or mobile client software.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Advanced degree in engineering, computer science, or other technical field.
- Experience in technical innovation and leading a team of software engineers.
- Ability to set and drive strategy while providing technical guidance.
- Ability to develop technical talent and motivate a team to work together as a cohesive and productive unit.
- Ability to learn other coding languages.
- Ability uncover root causes of technical problems.
About the jobLike Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Manage and grow a team of software engineers, including iteration and task planning. Work closely with other engineering teams to reuse and understand existing frameworks.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in a fast-paced environment. Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of technical projects.
- Partner closely with Product Management to create, drive and deliver innovative, compelling and user-friendly products.
- Inspire computer science teams to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex software solutions in a commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Develop and grow engineering talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning and retention strategies in a fast growth environment.