|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our team in Nelson have a great opportunity for Carpenter's come and join us. We’re a high performing team so come and join us for your next challenge whilst developing your career further!
What's on offer:
- Permanent, full time position
- Guaranteed hours (80 hours per fortnight)
- Opportunity to join a progressive organisation who truly embraces training and development
- Autonomy and the ability to make this role your own
- Wide variety of projects – you won't be bored
About the role:
In this role you’ll work within the crew to construct small and large infrastructure across Nelson. Either working from detailed construction plans or thinking on your feet to help find a solution.
- As a Carpenter, you will work as a dedicated player as you may also be required to work on the weekends
- This role enables you to showcase your leadership qualities by managing a small team, planning project work and controlling site quality and safety!
Who are we looking for?
You’ll enjoy spending your days out doors and on your feet.
Along with your positive attitude, we need someone who has an adaptive nature and can think on their feet as the scope of this role involves carpentry work.
- The qualities that we are mainly looking for are – Confidence and Smart Planning!
- You will have numerous years of experience as a Carpenter or in a similar field and the motivation skills to lead a small team
- Class-2 full New Zealand drivers licence and WTR are desirable
- A trade qualification is essential
- Someone who is prepared to get their jump in with the civils team and complete other tasks between Carpentry projects.
- Have a strong customer and commercial awareness on site
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 574020 apply.
Otherwise visit our depot and fill in an application form and drop off your up to date resume:
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible. Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.