|Location:||Geelong - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an experienced innovative product quality engineer to implement system product quality risk management plan across all our product streams.
This role will ensure compliance with the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and Australian Guidelines for Water Recycling and effectively manage the risk management framework to achieve alignment with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point principles.
Barwon Water is Victoria's largest regional urban water corporation, with more than 110 years’ experience in delivering world-class water, sewerage and recycled water services to our customers and community. More than just taps and toilets, we’re a pivotal player in the region’s ongoing social, economic and environmental prosperity.
We care about where we live and work, and we’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land on which we live and work, and we’re committed to building strong, meaningful partnerships with local indigenous communities. We celebrate diversity, and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for our career opportunities.
About the role
You will ensure that an effective and current system product quality risk management plan is implemented across all products streams including drinking water and recycled water products.
You are passionate about quality and your emphasis will be on assessing and delivering continuous improvement to achieve “beyond compliance”.
You will effectively manage the risk management framework to achieve alignment with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point principles, Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and Australian Guidelines for Water Recycling.
You’re a problem solver; highly technical with a holistic approach to problem solving.
You have excellent communication skills and you build strong relationships with partners and people.
Self-motivated with strong organisational skills, you work across multiple projects coordinating a range of disciplines. You’re analytical with a keen eye for detail.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, science or other related discipline and/or extensive water industry experience working within quality management systems
- Demonstrated practical experience and competence in continuous improvement and business transformation initiatives
- Ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision and make informed decisions in accordance with set standards
- Experience in engaging with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external including regulators, agencies and customers
- Strong knowledge of quality management systems and risk management processes including knowledge of source management, drinking water and recycled water, resource optimisation and implications for Product Quality
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to plan and adapt your working style to manage the various facets of work including planned activities, reactive work and delivery of special projects
- High level administration and computer skills, data / record management and document control
- Ability to provide effective input to developing and managing budgets
Why join us?
We value your professional growth. We embrace diversity. We value fairness and equal opportunity.
We’re flexible and know the importance of work/life balance. If you’re a parent or caregiver, studying or have other needs, we can support you with flexible work hours and leave options.
Some of our exciting opportunities and benefits include:
- rewarding personal development
- an award-winning health, mental health, and wellbeing program
- flexible work arrangements
- access to pro-rata long service leave, including carry-over arrangements from the Victorian public sector.
- best-practice innovation and employee recognition programs
- a social club geared towards you and your family