Are you passionate about designing technology solutions to solve real world business challenges? Do you want to work in a fast pace and complex environment?
An exciting and dynamic position of Technology Solution Architect has become available at Uniting, at an opportune time when multi-year complex business initiatives are kicking off that not only drive digital transformation but will make real change in the industry.
If you’d like to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, plus have the opportunity to use your blend of solution architecture and technology consulting expertise to drive value, then this may be the role for you.
What you'll be doing
- Matching solutions with the organisational environment – help ensure that a new system will fit the existing enterprise environment focused on application and integrations
- Meeting the requirements of all stakeholders - aim is to ensure that all their requirements are considered including concepts, requirements and technology
- Accounting for project constraints – including; technology, risks, scope, cost, quality, time, resources.
- Selecting the project technology stack - Find the best technology solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems
- Compliance with non-functional requirements - analyse all non-functional requirements and ensure that further product engineering will meet them
- Design the technical solution - describing the structure, characteristics, behaviour, and other aspects of the technical solution (e.g. software, hardware, processes) to stakeholders.
- Partner with key roles - e.g. project managers, business analysts, etc. to create solutions that are aligned to the architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits)
- Support - development efforts and project governance processes
- Consult - during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases, and reengaged to perform benefits realization.
- Relevant qualification (minimum Bachelor)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in your field of work
- Experience in technology solution engineering, assessment and creation of design artefacts such as solution business context, solution vision and requirements, solution options (e.g. through RFIs, RFPs or prototype development) and an agreed optimal solution with build and implementation plans
- Experience in the development of technology options, assessments and comparisons, including aspects of technology alignment to existing systems and standards, hosting, security and usability considerations.
- Experience in ‘agile’ solution development (e.g. Scrum, Safe, Kanban)
- Experience in technology consulting desirable
Interested? Then apply today!
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check and a Working with Children Check.