|Location:||Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behaviour and compliance with laws and company policies.
People in Client Delivery & Operations drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, managing complex delivery and/or operations and supporting sales activities, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
The Contract Specialist provides on-site advice to Accenture’s business/client units and project teams on contract management and policy compliance matters. They are responsible for initiating, drafting, negotiating, tracking and monitoring contract changes, deliverables, communications and risks, and maintaining associated documentation. They provide contract execution and administrative support to Contract Management personnel. Track deliverables, provide documentation control and perform other duties as required.
- You will support negotiation and contract formation activities
- Establish processes to effect compliance and management proactively working with the client, the Accenture team and Legal.(e.g. change order processes)
- Respond to inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Research contractual terms and conditions, applicable laws and or other regulations as needed
- You will manage the contract day-to-day by advising on the strategic direction, contract interpretation and consequences of action / inaction
- Promotes Contract Management and the expansion of the function into currently uncovered clients/fulfilling new business
- You will be responsible for consultation and escalation to a senior director, of contractual, business or CM positioning issues which are not solved satisfactorily by the project team in a timely manner
- You will responsible for assigned Contract Management, project or business personnel adhering to company policies and procedures
- Responding to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Acts as the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and commercial & contract management, assisting in ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly Professional skills & qualifications:
- College degree required; advanced degree in business, contract management, law or engineering preferred.
- Membership in the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and professional certification are a plus
- Minimum of 4 years in contract management/procurement/legal/finance field and applicable industry experience
- Reasonable level of understanding of Accenture’s major business areas
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day. We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs. Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
Sara Francis is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.