|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Tax Specialist
- Experience/Knowledge Required:
- Commerce/Accounting Degree preferable or minimum of 5 years work experience in an accounting/tax function Additional qualifications sought – High level of Australian tax knowledge with concentration in the GST and FBT field; Knowledge of accounting principles; Computer literacy – Word, Advanced Excel, Access and familiarity with financial information systems; Analytical and problem solving skills; Interpersonal communication skills Organisational skills Excellent time management skills Ability to work under pressure
- Accountable to:
- ANZ Tax Lead
- Skill Track
- Enterprise - Finance
Tax Compliance Income Tax
- Coordinate the timely collection of data and information, preparation, review and lodgment of the annual income tax returns and supporting schedules for Accenture Australia MEC Group, Avanade Australia and Accenture New Zealand.
- Calculate entity tax provisions and true-ups for Accenture Australia, Accenture New Zealand, and Avanade Australia in accordance to Accounting Standards.
- Review the monthly interest and royalty withholding tax calculations and returns
- Liaise with external tax advisers and statutory authorities in relation to technical and compliance issues as directed by the Tax lead.
- Assist the Tax lead during reviews and audits conducted by revenue authorities
- Identify, provide clear advice and research to the Tax lead and other internal clients about complex taxation issues, recent legislations and administrative decisions that impact the business as they occur and/or on request.
- Coordinate the data collection, analysis and compilation and review of FBT files and associated documentation provided from internal sources, including People Mobility RMS and Payroll, and manage the timely lodgement of the returns for Accenture Australia, Accenture New Zealand and Avanade Australia.
- Research and provide advice/recommendations on the FBT implications of non-standard transactions. Direct corrections as appropriate.
- Review monthly Business Activity Statement workpapers for Accenture Australia and Avanade Australia and conduct testing to ensure that the accounts payable tax coding procedures are followed. Global and Business Reporting
- Coordinate the preparation and review of taxation reports as requested to meet global or business reporting requirements.
- Participate in specific projects as required. Continuous improvement and client relations
- Coordinate work assignments and training calendar of the Tax Team in order to complete deliverables in a timely and efficient manner.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities in improving the compliance processes to ensure efficiency, decrease cost and facilitate tax planning.
- Foster good working relationships with internal staff to provide appropriate and timely input to enable compliance obligations to be met. About Accenture
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day. We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs. Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
Sara Francis is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.