|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced finance professional with previous banking experience
About the Role
As a Group Financial Accountant, you will work within the Group’s finance department and will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financial information to senior management and external stakeholders, together with analytics on the Bank’s performance against peers and market expectations. In this role you will assist with ensuring the monthly and yearly reporting requirements are met and that systems and controls are continually developed to ensure timely, efficient and accurate reporting.
This role is responsible for the month end tasks for an asset leasing subsidiary of the Group.
Key tasks will include:
- Responsible for preparation of subsidiary statutory reporting
- Responsible for tasks for the Group’s Half Year and Full Year statutory reporting, as assigned
- Responding to external audit queries for both subsidiary and Group financial statements
- Responsible for the allocated subsidiary monthly reporting tasks
- Providing Profit & Loss analysis for monthly movements and trends
- Challenging the business in relation to month end adjustments ensuring the general ledger integrity is maintained
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations as allocated and to deadlines, ensuring outstanding items are cleared promptly and long outstanding items are escalated
- Key point of contact for queries related to all aspects of financial reporting and control for allocated subsidiary, developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes for both the Group Finance team and the Bank
- Providing coverage for other Finance staff
- Monitoring and continually improving processes and implementing change to improve efficiency
- Ensuring all process documentation is kept up to date
- Assisting with the transition to a new source leasing system.
Please note this is a maximum term opportunity through until 31 October 2021.
As an experienced candidate for this role, you will be able to demonstrate your expertise in financial accounting and have experience in a similar asset leasing team. This role requires a strong attention to detail and commitment to meeting deadlines in order to succeed.
Experience working with computerised systems is essential, and although not essential, it would be desirable if you had experience with Infolease 9 and SAP.
Minimum intermediate MS Excel skills are required.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.