|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re currently seeking a commercially minded and experienced Internal Audit Manager on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Senior Internal Audit (IA) Management team, you will support the delivery of IA objectives, which are providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value and improve the organisation's operations. You will also bring a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and test the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes. This is achieved predominantly through leading and conducting assurance engagements, supporting management in delivering the annual audit plan, and providing coaching to team members.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Complete reviews which are factually accurate and risk based in an efficient and effective manner;
- Coordinate, drive and deliver simultaneous reviews in a timely and efficient manner, without compromising quality of delivery;
- Plan, undertake and report testing on areas of key audit focus, to a high standard;
- Evaluate governance, risk and control frameworks across the organisation;
- Exercise good commercial acumen and ensure audit recommendations are balanced, sustainable and risk based;
- Undertake timely follow up of issues due to ensure that they have been actioned by management, or reported to the Audit Committee;
- Coach and support others to achieve a level of engagement with the business which promotes IA as a trusted advisor;
- Identify, recommend and support operational improvement of IA’s own processes and tools;
- Act as an ambassador for IA during assignments, whilst engaging with various levels of management to facilitate achievement of IA objectives;
- Develop and nurture talent to drive a high performing and achieving team;
Who we’re looking for:
You will be a flexible and adaptable 'self starter who has the ability to build rapport at all levels, and is committed to consistently delivering work of an exceptional standard. We’re looking for someone with relevant experience (including internal audit, FMCG/retail) gained from a combination of firm experience (Big 4 preferred) and commercial experience gained in a complex environment;
You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to apply various problem solving techniques to complex situations. You’re also someone who thrives and embraces change, and is able to manage conflict and demonstrate resilience in challenging situations.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
Woolworths Group is backed by some of Australia’s most recognisable retail businesses, there are always new opportunities on the horizon for all our team members, but most importantly, we’re all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion are important to us, and we work to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce that’s reflective of the communities we’re in.