At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
We currently have a role available for an Electrician with Reticulation experience to join our Mine Maintenance department. In this role, you will be responsible for executing planned and unplanned maintenance activities within an underground mining environment. Your work will contribute to optimal production, equipment performance and availability.
In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Carry out unplanned and planned routine maintenance, inspections, and checks to underground equipment, or reticulation networks
- Assist in resolution of electrical issues affecting equipment performance and availability
- Review and update maintenance schedule plans and equipment history
- Transport cable and equipment safely to job locations, and assist in the set up and installation
- Provide electrical trade skills to perform care maintenance tasks within the electrical mine area, to ensure overall reliability and stability
- Develop and revise operating and maintenance procedures
- Communicate plant status to appropriate departments
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Electrical Trade certificate
- South Australian A-class Electrical Workers license
- Experience working in a similar role with exposure to Reticulation maintenance work
- Working at Heights and Loadshifting IT Ticket (advantageous)
- Experience with underground mining environments (preferred)
- Ability to work autonomously, or as part of a team
- Ability to confidently make decisions relating to your work, or escalate if needed
- Adaptable and responsive to change, as well as learning new information
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.