At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
We’re looking for a Fixed Plant Maintenance Superintendent Electrical to join our close-knit and results-driven team. You’ll be making valued contributions towards the safe execution of maintenance, and ensuring we deliver best in class fixed plant reliability and availability. More importantly, this is an opportunity for you to undertake activities that create maximum operational and commercial value for our mining operations.
Reporting to the FPM Manager Maintenance and working closely with multiple stakeholders (including senior leadership), you’ll gain exposure across electrical, mechanical, processing, engineering, maintenance and work management functions. Innovation is continually transforming the way we work at BHP
As an Electrical Superintendent your key focus areas will include:
- Ensuring site wide statutory compliance to electrical standards and regulations and associated BHP electrical procedures
- An unwavering commitment to creating a safe workplace and developing leaders in your team to continuously improve the safety outcomes for the site.
- Setting and communicating targets and expectations aligned with site and team goals, as well as BHP values.
- Accepting accountability for the performance of the team by ensuring quality of tasks, services and advice to the operation and asset functions.
- Leading, coaching and mentoring employees to deliver on plan and build a high performing team.
- Ensuring critical controls are in place for the identified material risks within the maintenance function.
- Leading and championing reliability principles and defect elimination processes to ensure maintenance strategies are continuously improved and equipment run-time is maximized.
- Leading the initiation of engineering change requests and improvement projects with the Engineering Function to improve equipment safety and reliability, or to seek solutions through modifications to the plant/equipment design and blueprint.
- Participating in the development of budget and business plans.
- Interfacing with key stakeholders to ensure Maintenance plans and schedules are aligned with respective plans, specifications and standards
To be successful in this role you are an experienced leader with high-level influencing and stakeholder engagement skills. You are team oriented and results focused with a demonstrated track record in motivating and working with others to achieve results.
In addition, we are ideally looking for the following specific skills and experience:
- A WA unrestricted Electrical license or a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering is essential
- Excellent understanding of electrical maintenance, engineering practices, electrical regulations and standards
- Demonstrated success delivering outstanding results in asset maintenance.
- A genuine and consistent focus on safety, inclusion and diversity
- Demonstrated success leading and mentoring multi-disciplinary diverse teams
- An innovative Leader focused on productivity and maximising the benefit of technology.
- Highly developed interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent operational discipline is required for the success of this role.
You will be based at our ‘Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 5/2, 4/3 9/5 roster. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator, air-conditioning and unlimited internet WI-FI.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including; incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.