|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Advisor Studies
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Strategic role based in Perth CBD
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Senior Advisor Studies to lead studies on behalf RTIO to deliver on stakeholder expectations.
This is a great opportunity to lead, plan and coordinate a major study or multiple studies anywhere within the RTIO production chain.
We are an open, connected international team of technical specialists using some of the most exciting data and tools on the planet. We are the world leader in automation and smart mining.
We have technical development programmes that are industry-leading and recognise the unique nature of your role. These provide opportunities to grow your career through a dedicated technical path while being rewarded for your unique skills.
Reporting to the Manager Studies and working in a collaborative community, you will be:
- Lead studies through Order of Magnitude, Prefeasibility and Feasibility stages;
- Identify critical project issues and develop appropriate solutions;
- Identify and manage project risks and mitigations;
- Manage the study schedule and budget;
- Develop the project business case in line with the business strategy;
- Identify and manage key internal and external stakeholders;
- Produce the study report and present study outcomes.
What you’ll bring
- Commitment to safety, wellness, environment, heritage and community.
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent in an Engineering, Science, Commercial, Operational Readiness or other relevant field.
- A Current WA C Class Drivers Licence.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with many diverse stakeholders.
- Understanding of strategic drivers for a study and some exposure to financial modelling.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to produce large, complex, cohesive reports with multiple inputs and ability to manage large budgets.
- Experience leading a complex piece of work requiring the coordination of a large multi-disciplinary team, will be highly valued.
What we offer
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program;
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family;
- Attractive share ownership plan;
- Company provided insurance cover;
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options;
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions;
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support;
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave);
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more).
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Applications close on 25th November 2020 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.