|Job Type:||Full Time|
Superintendent Fixed Plant Shutdown
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Attractive 5/2 and 4/3 FIFO roster with great on-site accommodation facilities - West Angeles
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Superintendent Fixed Plant Shutdown to lead a team of shutdown supervisors, coordinators, planners and trades personnel in the successful planning and execution of shutdowns across our West Angeles fixed plants. You will be joining a dynamic and agile team that is at the forefront of pioneering new maintenance methodologies.
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well. With signature leadership training programs, growing and developing is more than an opportunity – it is something we actively plan and make happen. Every day our leaders grow, while our rosters are designed to help you live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family.
Reporting to the Fixed Plant Manager you will work in a challenging and exciting environment. At Rio Tinto we appreciate that diversity of thought comes from our differences – and that’s what makes us great. So, if you have a strong leadership and maintenance background from mining or outside of the resources industry, we'd love to invite your application as we we'll support you to learn the ins and outs of shutdown maintenance. Plus, we're confident that you will have an experienced and capable leader to support you.
Working a 5 days on, 2 off, 4 days on, 3 off, roster FIFO from Perth that will require some travel flexibility during shutdown periods. We also offer flexible working arrangements at Rio Tinto suitable to the role requirements.
- Delivering department commitments against targeted shutdown key performance indicators
- Leading shutdown management activities (pace driven cycle) from planning through execution and review including the responsibility for contractor management
- Identifying and ensuring maintenance best practices are utilized to maximize equipment reliability and minimize the time and cost of repairs
- Engaging and collaborating with operational leaders across our fixed plant operations, and our key contracting partners
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement, supporting the team in the implementation of improvement initiatives and technical advance
- Developing, monitoring and controlling approved budget to deliver cost effective services that meet the business needs
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Technical qualification (engineering or trade qualified)
- Cost control management and budgeting experience
- Strong communications skills, oral and written
- Experience managing schedules to deliver outcomes
What we offer
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share programme
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers –generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminum – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life. Where you’ll be working(insert Business Unit paragraph here)
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome –they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications close on Tuesday the 1st of December 2020 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)