|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationCanning Vale (Magnet Road), Australia
Service Technician – Electrical
At Sandvik we are committed to teamwork and believe in the power of developing ideas and solutions together. We leverage our shared passion, diversity, open-mindedness and cooperative spirit to shape the future of our industry and, with it, the path of your career.
Sandvik is seeking an experienced Auto Electrician to work at our Canning Vale Workshop. The role is to carry out general low voltage electrical duties (automotive), maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on Sandvik mobile equipment whilst maintaining availability and minimising costs and ensuring Site and SMC Safety and Environmental guidelines are adhered to.
Sandvik has a requirement of an auto electrician that can rewire complete machines for rebuilds. Our customers are requiring digitalisation new products being released such as DD421i, DL432i, DT922i, DS422i, DD421E, Rhino100HM, automation, on board monitoring "optimine”/knowledge box. We need an auto electrician with a sound ability to learn and ensure as the OEM we have the expertise to maintain our equipment and provide customer focus to our client base.
Key performance areas
As the Service Technician, you would be responsible for:
- Carry out general low voltage electrical duties to 1000v underground equipment, maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on Sandvik mobile equipment (including Surface) whilst maintaining availability and minimising costs and ensuring safety and environmental guidelines are adhered to.
- Performing electrical maintenance duties as directed and as per maintenance plans, to a standard that maintains the integrity of the equipment and does not compromise safe operation;
- Perform fault finding and repairs, using electrical schematics
- Provide relevant feedback to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and equipment integrity
- Record keeping of parts usage, equipment monitoring, time records including specific site records.
To qualify for this position, you must have as a minimum, the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualifications required: Auto Electrical Trade Certification
- Post trade experience of at least 5 years.
- Experience in remote control testing and repair
- Surface and underground mining and heavy mobile equipment experience is desirable.
- Experience with Sandvik products will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong customer service attitude as well as a drive and determination to achieve targets and goals.
- Some basic mechanical knowledge would be an advantage.
- Must hold a current National Police Clearance.
- Must have the ability to work underground.
- Must be able to work rostered shifts.
All candidates will be required to pass a Pre-Employment Medical & Drug and Alcohol test.
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
What we offer
- A competitive hourly rate and allowances
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website home.sandvik/careers
07 3621 1823
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations. .