About the opportunity
This role is responsible for supporting home visiting, crisis management and longer term support to the families at high risk of having their children removed into care for protective concerns or having restored to their care.
This is a casual position located in our Office in Dubbo NSW.
- Providing planning support and structure for the safety of children and young people and immediately take appropriate action in line with the agency polices and relevant professional responsibilities where the safety of the child or young person at risk.
- Support caseworkers with the development and implementation of case plans with families.
- Assist families with transport to appointments and other tasks in line with case management goals.
- Support caseworkers with home visiting to assist families with role modelling of family functioning goals in line with Homebuilders model.
- Provide feedback to caseworkers on observations of family functioning during interactions with the family.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social sciences or relevant life and/ or work experience with children and families.
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues strengths based approach.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to travel including overnight travel.
- Medium level proficiency in MS office ( particularly Outlook, MS Word and Excel)
- Experience in working with fathers and families experiencing domestic violence is preferred.
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.