|Job Type:||Full Time|
Keolis Downer is the largest private provider of multimodal public transport in Australia. Our vision is to be the partner of choice for public transport authorities to support the development of more liveable cities and regions. We operate and integrate all transport modes and co-design mobility solutions that are safe, reliable, sustainable and adapted to the evolving needs of the community.
Keolis Downer was awarded the contract to operate the Adelaide Metropolitan Passenger Rail Network (AMPRN) for the local South Australian market and we take over this responsibility on 31 January 2021. We have jobs available for passenger service assistants and are hiring now. Relevant training on the network will be provided as well as a introduction to our Think Like a Passenger Program .
This is a great time to join an industry leader with a trusted reputation on the quality of customer service and further develop your career in public transport.
We are proud of our “Think like a Passenger” focus and we will expect you to be as well. If you have a focussed approach to safety, are energetic and can bring an array of skills and knowledge to make Adelaide passenger train travel amongst the very best in the world, apply now.
You will be responsible for delivering day-to-day effective and efficient public transport services including:
- Delivering “Think like a Passenger” customer service to ensure that customers enjoy a high level of punctuality, safety and reliability
- Providing a high level of compliance related to the Passenger Transport Act and Rail Safety National Law (SA) 2012
- Providing an advisory service on relevant aspects of the public transport system to customers and the public
- Contributing to operational activities and the provision of a safe working environment including monitoring the access and integrity of the network through multi communications systems, conducting customer surveys and load checks and assisting customers on all matters regarding the ticketing system
- Performing operational tasks on trains including door management and right of way at Adelaide Railway Station and all AMPRN Stations
Eligibility Criteria - to be eligible for this role, you must meet all the following criteria:
- Certificate II in Rail Customer Service or equivalent rail customer service training program – or the ability to complete this training with us by 31 January 2021
- Extensive knowledge and experience working within a rail operations environment, with demonstrated experience in management and coordination of response and recovery activities OR demonstrable customer service experience in public transport
- Demonstrated experience and ability to “Think like a Passenger” to provide high quality customer service
- Have a current drivers licence
- Fluency in written and spoken English with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of Rail Safety National Law (SA) Act 2012, WHS Act & Regulations and associated legislation and risk, quality and safety management principles and systems or the ability to quickly acquire this
- Be willing to work shifts in accordance with a seven-day rotating roster over 365 days per year, including early mornings, nights, weekends and public holidays
- Available to commence as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about trains, are an experienced passenger service assistant (or you have other relevant experience) and you would like to be part of an exciting organisation delivering a world class passenger service in metropolitan Adelaide, apply for this great opportunity by emailing your resume and a response to the Role Requirements and Eligibility Criteria above to one of our recruitment business partners.
For further information, or a copy of the Job Description, or to apply please contact:
Jess Graham - Recruitment Business Partner - Jessica.Graham@Downergroup.com
The Keolis Downer culture encourages and rewards bright people who work effectively, deliver innovative value creation solutions to the business.