|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a hard working, team player who takes pride in delivering quality work and is committed to placing health & safety above all else and with new work in the Wellington region, we have a great fixed term opportunity for an experienced Machine Operator to join us. Get involved on a major new project in the region with a variety of work including earthworks, pavement, drainage, structures and minor concrete work.
You will need:
- A genuine zest for working in a dynamic team culture
- Ability to work in a challenging environment on your own or in a team
- Strong communication, time management skills and initiative
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience in a similar industry
- Proven practical experience in a contracting environment
- Strong communication and relationship building especially with sub-contractors
- WTR endorsements with minimum of a class 4 drivers license
- Great communication skills with the ability to work well within a team
- A strong focus on plant care and maintenance
- Strong Health & Safety focus
- At least 5 years of proven 12-20 tonne digger operating experience in the following disciplines: Earthworks, sheet piling, trenching & deep drainage, – road construction
This is a great time to join the Downer team!
If you have experience in this or similar roles we would love to hear from you. You can apply online and express your interest with reference number 574959.
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.