At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
We’re looking for a qualified Auto Electrical Technician to join our Ancillary Mobile Maintenance execution team at Jimblebar.
In this role you’ll work 8 days on, 6 days off, and 7 nights on, 7 days off flying in and out from Perth to Newman.
Jimblebar is a dynamic site where we strive to achieve culture of inclusion and diversity, improve safety and productivity with the use of technology. We have strong focus on high performance, indigenous participation and gender balance. We’re looking for diverse experiences to join our team and contribute to building strong team relationships for everyone in the department.
This is an opportunity for energetic individuals to be part of something big. Partnering with experienced mechanical technicians, you will be encouraged to grow your breadth of experience with full support.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Ancillary Maintenance, some of your responsibilities may include:
- Auto Electrical maintenance on CAT 994H and 992K Loaders KOMATSU WA1200 Loaders, D10T dozers, 16M and 24M Graders and other CAT Ancillary equipment etc.
- Following specific maintenance programs and carrying out inspections on Auxiliary equipment as required
- Execute work orders as per schedule and to a high standard
- Completing inspections and repairs as per the maintenance strategies
- Identifying and rectifying faults during inspections
- Creating 1SAP notifications for repair on fleet
- Scoping and creating 1SAP notifications for preventative work
- Initiate updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment
- Assisting in implementation of 5S, Safety improvement projects and standardized work
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Ensure returns of unused or reparable materials are processed accurately
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with rescheduling of work, organising and coordinating resources, scoping of work and determining priorities
- Take personal responsibility for helping the team achieve expected results by doing what is required and taking timely actions
- Undertake training on a regular basis and provide support and coaching to work mates Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in the implementing of the new initiatives in a constructive way
- Executing tasks to a high standard and in a timely matter
For your application to be successful you’ll need:
- An auto electrical trade certificate
- A current automotive refrigeration handling licence
- A fork lift licence
- An Australian manual C class driver’s licence
Highly desirable skills and experience include:
- Sound diagnostic abilities
- Exposure to shift or FIFO work advantageous;
- Computer Literacy (CAT Minestar, SIS, Cummins Inline and My.Komatsu)
- Experience with CAT and Komatsu ancillary equipment
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.