Calibre Group, which includes Calibre and Diona, is a diversified Professional Services and Construction specialist.
We provide a broad scope of engineering, planning, surveying, consulting, construction, project delivery and management services, allowing Calibre to turn knowledge into value at every stage of the project lifecycle.
The Calibre business offers the best of both worlds – diverse project experience and challenges found in a big firm, with a personalised and team-focused approach of a mid-size consultancy.
In the Melbourne office, it's about people, doing what they love, together in an environment where you will be recognised and respected for your individual and invaluable contribution.
We are currently looking for a Town Planner with 2+ planning experience to join our dynamic Planning Team and help drive our growth in the delivery of quality planning outcomes for our private and Government sector clients.
As part of the Urban Development team, this role will report to the Planning Leader and your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Research and interpretation of relevant legislation and Acts, policies and provisions within the Planning Scheme;
- Producing documentation, reports and proposals including:
- Preparation of planning advice to clients as part of pre purchase/due diligence phases;
- Preparing planning permit applications for development approval;
- Preparing planning submissions and relevant documentation to VCAT and Planning Panels;
- Preparing submissions in response to exhibited documents and strategies;
- Co-ordinatingsubconsultants and other relevant parties;
- Negotiating with various stakeholders including Council, DELWP and referral authorities;
- Liaising directly with clients throughout the application process;
- Assumingresponsibility forplanning applications and the approvals process as delegated by the Planning Leader
To be successful, you will:
- Possess a relevant Bachelor’s degree in the Town Planning field;
- Demonstrate a minimum of 2 years planning experience;
- A good understanding of the Victorian Planning Provisions;
- Experience in preparing planning or delegates reports;
- Greenfield or local government experience will be highly regarded;
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organisation and interpersonal skills for facilitating internal and external stakeholder engagements;
- Willingness to learn and have a ‘can do’ attitude to ensure the success of the team.
As our most valuable asset, we invest in our employees’ personal and professional growth. We provide a range of benefits, including ongoing professional development, on the job training, study support, leadership and management programs, competitive remuneration packages, generous employee referral incentives and a host of health and wellbeing benefits to help you thrive in our team.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then APPLY NOW or if you require further information, contact Jesse Klaus on Jesse.Klaus@calibregroup.com