|Job Type:||Full Time|
At ING, we pride ourselves on continuously improving our operational risk frameworks in line with our growth and our values. We’re driving transformational change and as the Senior Manager; Operational Risk, you’ll be centrally positioned to provide advice and experiment on how we effectively reduce our operational risk whilst implementing a more robust data driven approach.
This role will see you driving enterprise wide projects and providing advice and feedback on acceptable levels of risk to Business Leaders, CRO, Boards and Committees. You’ll partner with 1st Line and 3rd line to deliver pragmatic solutions that fulfil our obligations and responsibilities and are commercially viable.
What are you going to do? You’ll be….
- Driving Transformational Change but without the limitations of a regulatory undertaking
- Ensure that our business units are able to take ownership of operational risk whilst still engaging Operational Risk Management in the capacities defined under the 1st and 2nd line of defence models
- Keeping abreast of industry threats, trends and issues, ensuring that ING’s risk management frameworks are in line with industry and international best practice.
- Participating in risk identification and assessments, and respectively challenging or approving them for the mitigation and remediation of risks
- Reporting and providing advice to various committees on the risk threshold levels
- Implementing innovative techniques and data driven insights in managing operational risk and improving efficiencies.
What are we looking for? You’ll have…
- Significant experience within an Operational Risk, Audit or Compliance role
- Demonstrated experience working at a reputable Financial Services organisation, with an understanding of current industry threats and trends
- Experience within both 1st and 2nd Line of Defence will aid your ability to hit the ground running
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Experience within Institutional Banking would be a significant advantage
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities. We would also be open to flexible working applications for this role, please just let us know as part of your phone interview.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.