|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
- Work in a highly innovative and transformative business
- Work/life balance with access to flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging - to suit your personal and financial circumstances
What will your typical day look like?
The Senior Business Analyst (Technical) is responsible for taking ownership and leading the business analysis activities within a stream of work, across programs/projects within the Information Technology Services (ITS) Project Management Office (PMO) Portfolio, to ensure delivery of project goals to agreed schedule and quality, including:
- Preparing business analysis work plans for the component of work and other BA deliverables as per the Business Analysis Centre of Excellence (BA CoE) and project scope
- Preparation and pro-active facilitation of business analysis / technology stream workshops to meet workshop objectives
- Requirements elicitation and documentation activities to ensure requirements are articulated at required level of detail for business approval and technical implementation
- Working closely with Developers, Architects, Business Users and 3rd party suppliers for current & future state process analysis and mapping
- Preparation and facilitation of user acceptance testing
- Strong system analyst approach to understand limitations and lead discussions with development and integration technical teams
You will consistently be ensuring deliverables meet stakeholders' expectations directly or via team members, and will have the ability to lead in a cross-functional environment, resolve conflicts, drive decisions, and manage ambiguity. You will also be developing effective working relationships with project team members & senior stakeholders in ITS, other business units and external parties such as vendors where required.
You will demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and independently deliver technical business analysis artefacts, and be a positive role model / mentor for other Business Analysts within the team, in particular Junior BAs. You will be responsible for the continous improvement of the BA CoE, and ensuring adherence to the BA CoE processes and escalating issues as required.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You have proven experience working on enterprise level programs to provide business analysis services and supporting technology streams - with at least 2-3 years of experience operating as a Senior Technical Business Analyst . You also have proven ability to manage competing priorities within tight timeframes and operate in a rapid changing environment. You have proven data integration analysis and design skills, including: data extraction, definition of canonical models and data formats, definition of source to target mappings.
You'll also have the following:
- Demonstrable experience with both waterfall and agile project delivery methodologies
- Strong understanding of technology and business systems at a strategic and operational level
- Experience navigating through data elements, processes and technologies such as data structure, master data management (MDM), data integration and data integrity
- Hands-on and proficient with Microsoft SQL - i.e. interrogate SQL database and translate to technical requirements - and knowledge of industry-leading data governance and data management practices
- Extensive working knowledge and troubleshooting skills around API integration and Cloud-based SaaS offerings.
- IIBA CCBA certification
- Designing and executing data fixes in MDM
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now using the link provided.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.