We're here to help communities thrive.
Your community is our community.
It is the sum of everyone’s different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives that makes ours a strong and inclusive community. We are always seeking fresh new faces. Faces just like yours. Fresh faces wanted.
We have a fixed term opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Tradesperson available until the 2nd May 2021. Based at the Beenyup Wastewater Treatment Plant, the successful applicant will be responsible for the provision of mechanical services including scheduled and unscheduled installation, testing, maintenance, fault finding, repair and commissioning of all Water Corporation’s assets at the Beenyup WWTP.
- Performing scheduled and unscheduled (breakdown) maintenance and installs components in water and waste water systems.
- Performing complex isolation and shutdown procedures.
- Carrying out maintenance tasks and problem solving which requires application of knowledge of complex water and waste water systems.
- Planning work and solving water industry problems
- Planning and preparing for maintenance projects on isolated assets
- Mechanical Trade Certificate (Fitter/Machinist/Turner)
- Extensive experience in service and maintaining water treatment equipment
- Relevant High Risk Licenses
- W.A ‘C ‘ Class Drivers Licence
Applications close Tuesday 24th November 2020
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace:
Through our Equity and Diversity Management Plan and People Strategy, Water Corporation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future.
We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are recognised and valued.
We encourage applications supporting our key priority communities - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women and people with disability.
For people with disability, we are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment enabling full participation in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.