|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. This is why we seek to attract and retain the best and brightest talent. Understanding that our people are our greatest asset, our ethos is simple: come as you are and do what you love.
Part of a global team, the unique purpose of our Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM) team in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) is to create value with our partners to market and sell innovative consumer solutions. Powered by Microsoft Windows, Surface, Office and Xbox, we also seek to enable customers and partners achieve more digitally with new innovative devices, IoT solutions and market opportunities including voice, mixed reality and artificial intelligence.
With more than 1 billion people using Windows 10 worldwide, the Windows Consumer business is the place where that mission comes to life. The Windows Consumer Category team drives our sales and marketing resources with ecosystem partners to deliver growth and transform the PC business for Microsoft, ultimately helping consumers select, buy and fall in love with their new PCs and services.
- In this role, you will lead the ANZ Windows Consumer business and team, owning the end to end PC category and creating a strategic business growth plan that includes a clear vision for the future, actionable objectives, aligned marketing investments and measures of success.
- To execute this plan, you would work closely with a broad set of stakeholders across the consumer division at Microsoft both local & global, including account managers and marketers, plus industry partners who either make or sell Windows devices and services.
- You will demonstrate an ability to balance short and long term, being able to articulate a long term transformative vision & translating that into a set of shorter term actions to help get a broad set of stakeholders on the journey towards a shared growth goal.
- You’ll also become a subject matter expert in your market, understanding industry dynamics and category insights. You will become the voice of this category internally with stakeholders, externally with partners and the broader industry, including the press and influencers.
- You will become an expert in Windows 10, marrying together new software features on the Engineering roadmap and hardware features from device makers, into relatable stories for your target audience to understand and get excited about.
- As a people manager, your aim is also to bring out the best in people to achieve team and organization priorities. You will deliver success through empowerment and accountability by Modeling (Live the culture, values, and leadership principles), Coaching (Enabling others’ performance through strong development and learning) and Caring (Empower others to discover, connect, and grow).
- This role is also part of the ANZ CCSM extended leadership team.
- People Management
- At least 2+ years of experience building and leading teams
- This role will also be part of the ANZ leadership team to contribute to the People and Growth plan for the sub-region
- Analysis & Insight
- Can use tools and data to identify insights of a given market, audience, ecosystem or business
- Use internal and external data/research to assess industry/market trends, incorporate new concepts into marketing strategies
- Demonstrates creative bravery to identify growth opportunities or go-to-market strategies
- Can influence change to product, business model or GTM strategy with broader stakeholders
- Ability to make complex simple
- Strategic Business Planning
- Create strategic business objectives and category plans, coordinate segment and partner prioritization
- Ability to set clear goals/timelines for the team to achieve or exceed on targets (Sell Thru PC units/Activations/Modern)
- Ability to develop strategic plans across ecosystem
- Knows how to use investments to impact assortment/sales/growth and build strong upside plans
- Strong financial acumen and knowledge of the business operations
- Consultative Leadership
- Senior executive presence. Ability to build relationships with C level leaders
- Complex stakeholder management
- Strong collaborator and V-Team leader - Strong partner management “discipline” of working with people; in a structured way, orchestrating teams through complex solutions
- Industry Expert and Trusted Advisor in PC Segment
- End to End Marketing Strategists
- Develop and Land product and category stories globally and locally so sales teams can align partners to Microsoft priorities
- Develop integrated marketing plans and strategic market objectives by channel partner, guide marketing execution and measure execution and return on investment (ROI).
- Good understanding of digital marketing strategies and transformation
- Strong go-to-market planning, including launches and creating "moments" to deliver business growth
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.