|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your commercial and legal experience in an interesting and complex defence environment
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Senior Commercial Officer in our team based in either Williamtown, NSW or Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the Senior Commercial Officer, you will be accountable for providing commercial support within defined delegations to assist the Aircraft Sustainment & Training line of business in effectively managing on-going projects and new business.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Provide commercial advice and assistance to project managers
- Conduct administration of BAE Systems' contracts in accordance with company procedures including support on contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Identify the need for professional input, including on legal, financial and insurance matters, and work with commercial management and company specialists to manage the provision of appropriate advice
- Prepare and maintain contract documentation, records and internal reports
- Review customer communications and preparation of correspondence
- Prepare contract amendments and change proposals
- Support customer cost and pricing analysis
- Coordinate management review and approval of bids and proposals
- Negotiate all aspects of minor bids and contract proposals as requested
- Provide support on major bids
- Set in place export licences and technical assistance agreements
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for commercial manager approval
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Previous experience working in the Defence industry and an understanding of Australian Defence contracting (ASDEFCON) and/or US Government contracting (FAR and DFARS)
- A relevant qualification coupled with commercial administration experience, ideally gained in a similar industry
- The ability to form strong working relationships in a project environment, with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Well-developed commercial skills and acumen with a proven capability in contract negotiation/correspondence administration
- The ability to be adaptable and flexible in complex program environments
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia and abroad with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.