|Location:||Southbank - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) is Victoria's safety regulator responsible for electricity, gas and pipeline safety. Our role is to ensure that Victorian gas and electricity industries are safe and meet community expectations. We are also responsible for licensing and registering electricians, and educating the community about energy safety. Our people come from a wide range of professions with diverse skills and experience driving the success of ESV.
About the opportunity
The Business Systems Analyst has responsibility for supporting ESV Business Units, Information Services and ESV project teams in the analysis and review of their business process and information requirements and the development of artefacts to support project and operational work.
You will contribute by:
- Elicit and maintain the business requirements across the lifecycle of new capabilities, from identification of business requirements and acceptance criteria through delivery
- Develop working relationships with key subject matter experts to gain understanding of their responsibilities and operational needs and to enhance business relationships and project delivery
- Help and drive Business Units and project teams in understanding their business requirements and identifying opportunities for business process improvement
- Development and maintenance of Business System Analysis methodologies and tools to effectively control project governance and documentation
- Work in conjunction with Business Units or Project Teams to capture requirements, define policies and other business rules
- Develop requirement specifications and/or functional specifications to support successful transition to technical implementation where required
- Complete assigned activities to project timelines and budget
- Identify issues and risks, ensuring that they are appropriately captured raised and actioned
To be successful, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience using Business Process Management (Pega) and Agile software development methodologies is essential
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (such as a Bachelor of Business Systems or Computer Science) or equivalent industry experience
- Significant experience as a Business Systems Analyst or in a similar role within a project or delivery team environment
- Proven experience working directly with internal clients and preparing system requirements and business process documentation
- Sound understanding of data governance, data exchanges and data quality testing/assessments
- Sound understanding of business and information analysis and associated techniques and processes
- High levels of initiative with ability to deal with multiple projects simultaneously with conflicting priorities
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to identify and predict risks and issues
Why join us?
At Energy Safe Victoria we offer roles that enable our people to feel valued by making a meaningful contribution to the Victorian community. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and supportive culture, and support the skills and career development of our people through regular leaning, development and growth opportunities. Through our diversity and inclusion strategy we encourage, recognise and celebrate all the differences between people in their social and professional lives.
We also recognise that our success depends on our talented people, driving a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive work culture, so our workplace policies address the lives you have outside work, as well as the lives you have while you work here. We offer a range of benefits including flexible working practices, parental leave, comprehensive health and wellbeing program, supported learning and development opportunities and access to accrued credit hours.
How to apply
Please refer to the available position description to assess your suitability and submit your current resume and cover letter via the Apply button.
ESV will conduct relevant and required checks about applicants and the information provided with an application. Such checks will include but are not limited to:
- ESV contacting current and previous employer(s) to substantiate employment history, past conduct and performance is required.
- A satisfactory National Police Check will be required (for all non-ESV employees).
Please note that the location for this opportunity may temporarily be working from home due to the current requirements for all Victorians to practice social distancing amid the pandemic.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Manish Arora, Business Systems Team Leader on 03 9674 6333
*The salary range for this role is $67,632 to $95,670 plus 11% super