|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly-competent and highly-motivated employees.
Your new team
Our Strategy, Brand and Reputation group sets the Fund's strategic direction, manages the brand and reputation, and provides insights that inform Fund decisions. It is a passionate and dedicated team, led by managers who advocate for their people, are open and approachable, and who share their knowledge. Our environment enables you to seize exciting career opportunities, to feel trusted and respected, and to lead a fulfilling life with true workplace flexibility.
Reporting to the Insurance Product and Policy Manager, you will be fully supported by a collaborative team to ensure excellent outcomes are achieved.
Your new role
As the Product & Policy Specialist you will be responsible for ensuring the Fund's insurance products are competitive and sustainable, equitably meeting the needs of members while compiling with all regulatory requirements. You will assist with the design and development of the insurance product offering and undertake initiatives to drive acquisition and retention strategies for insurance while providing support for a portfolio of insurance product development and promotion initiatives.
You will support the Insurance Product & Policy Manager as a subject matter expert relating to initiatives or changes including SENSs, PDSs, insurance guides and insurance related communications. You will also take an active role in insurance projects including information gathering and analysis (e.g. of competitive position, insurer and administrator proposals etc.).
Other elements of the role are
- Ensuring the Fund's group insurance policies and IMF are maintained and evolved to accurately reflect agreed terms, conditions, processes, Trust Deed requirements and legislation.
- Provide support for a portfolio of insurance product development and promotion initiatives.
- Support delivery of insurance solutions for corporate new business opportunities (within existing product offering).
- Support the Insurance Product & Policy Manager as a subject matter expert to allow review and sign-off of relevant insurance communications/collateral relating to initiatives or changes including SENSs, PDSs, insurance guides, Select IBRs and all relevant insurance related communications (but BAU changes to PDSs and insurance guides excluding business rules and BAU operational letters - these are the responsibility of the Insurance Operations team).
- Provide policy support to the Insurance Product & Policy Manager.
- Assist in the delivery of annual IMF review and updates.
- Keep abreast of legislative and industry developments.
- Work with the Insurance Product Manager and Insurance Commercial Manager to support the monitoring of insurance products including contributing product information to the Quarterly Insurance Management report as needed.
- Monitor and maintain insurance product inbox - respond to or allocate queries as appropriate.
- High level attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Proven experience in a similar role (superannuation is advantageous)
- High computer literacy skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to exercise fair and sound judgement and decision making
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing/Communication, Commerce, Finance, Law or related discipline (mandatory) Superannuation and/or group insurance experience (desired)
- Ability to read, analyse, interpret and explain insurance policy terms and conditions.
- Effective relationship builder and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a range of tasks required of this position.
What you will get in return
You will have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you