|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join a winning team with an enviable track record of making discoveries
- Inclusive and collegiate work environment where knowledge and experience are freely shared
- Brisbane based with frequent field work
About the role
The Rio Tinto Exploration (RTX) is looking for a committed and enthusiastic exploration geologist wishing to become a valued member of our East Australia exploration team based in Brisbane, and to build a career in Rio Tinto.
The East Australia team has a multi-commodity focus tasked with early stage exploration in QLD, SA and NT. The program is well funded and provides you the opportunity to develop your exploration skills from early stage to more advanced exploration and geological knowledge across a range of commodity and deposit styles.
The role on offer is for a Project Geoscientist and we welcome applications from qualified geologists with relevant experience in the field. The role has a significant field component. The successful candidate will start after January 1, 2021.
RTX is committed to ensuring our staff are appropriately equipped to do the work we ask of them through comprehensive formal and on the job training.
To secure this role you should:
- Degree qualified geologist
- Substantiate how you have developed your technical skills following university and are passionate about achieving technical excellence
- A few years relevant year’s industry experience, including significant field time
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills and an ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with work groups
- Demonstrate a passion for discovery of new orebodies
- Demonstrate a strong safety culture
As a miner for over 145 years, Rio Tinto has been exploring for many decades and can demonstrate a strong record of discovery, drawing on highly experienced and talented people with a proven track record, and a wealth of information and data within the organisation.
Our team in Brisbane is a diverse family of experience and cultures, keen to make discoveries together.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds. We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion, ensuring everyone has equal opportunities for personal development and career growth.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.