|Location:||Adelaide, Brisbane, Dandenong South, Darwin, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is one of Australia’s largest and most experienced providers in the Power Systems and Infrastructure Projects market. We have successfully secured several Transmission Lines and Substation infrastructure projects and we are now seeking an experienced Project Manager (Transmission) to successfully deliver a large transmission line project within the Power Systems team in South Australia.
This opportunity will be site based in camp accommodation (initially in Whyalla) on a FIFO/DIDO basis on a 3/1 roster from the nearest Australian major city. With a strong focus on Zero Harm and managing stakeholder relationships, you will lead a large multi-discipline project team and ensure quality design delivery.
- Develop & implement business plans and to manage the business / projects
- Maintain effective relationships to manage client expectations
- Establish a team of capable direct reports to ensure client’s needs are met, whilst Downer’s rights are protected.
- Holding direct staff accountable for project/contract outcomes and compliance with Downer’s project plan.
- Ensure the project management team engage sub-contractors’ and suppliers in line with Downer’s procurement procedures.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience on electrical transmission line projects
- Experience in Contractor management is essential – the successful incumbent will need to engage with contractors on daily activities, logistics, project schedule and quality assurance
- Demonstrated competence in project management including financial management, risk management, procurement management, OH&S, quality and environmental aspects
- Exceptional written and verbal communications and technical skills including an understanding of contract specifications
- Proven ability to take an active and effective role in the overall management of Zero Harm matters and ensure all OHS policies and procedures are adhered to
- Demonstrated ability in proactively building relationships with key stakeholders and developing new business opportunities
- Experience in project planning; organisational and time management
- Experience in researching and understanding complex information to develop and implement business solutions
- High level of financial and business acumen
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- A supportive and dynamic team
The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button. Please include a cover letter and resume. For more information about this position please contact: Liz Skewes – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner on mobile 0429604914 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).