|Job Type:||Full Time|
The more informed we are about what is happening on our roads, and within the functional areas that support them, the better we can plan for the future. Due to steady growth and an evolving complex finance function, we have recently adapted our operating model to equip us for the next phase.
We are currently seeking a talented Financial Accountant to join the Accounting Services team. Over the course of the year, you will gain exposure to a range of accounting tasks across the group - such as month end duties, general ledger, intercompany accounts, invoicing, reconciliations, cash flow statements, as well as getting involved in treasury accounting related activities and playing an active role in continuous improvement. By collaborating with the various stakeholders, you will have true insight across the business and will be able to drive key outcomes.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll be involved in the Month End process, which covers general ledger entries, intercompany transactions, balance sheet reconciliations, cash flows and others
- You'll add value by delivering timely and accurate accounting services and be proactive in pursuing opportunities for improvements and process efficiency
- You'll develop a greater level of technical accounting knowledge across the broader Transurban Group
- You'll provide support during the audit process, providing key information to resolve any queries
- You'll also get involved in ad-hoc project work that impact the wider team in areas such as system integration, process improvement or transformation
The talents you'll bring:
- You'll have relevant accounting experience and could be making your first move from Chartered (Big4 or Mid-tier, audit & assurance), or making a move from industry
- Your technical knowledge is sound, with a core understanding of debits and credits
- You're eager to learn and hone your accounting knowledge within an exciting and supportive finance team
- Comfortable with change, you are open minded and able to adapt to new situations with ease
- Systems savvy, you are confident using various systems and understanding data models
- You'll possess high levels of attention to detail, and focussed on producing quality outcomes
- Your excellent written and verbal communication skills will assist you in engaging and creating strong working relationships across the business
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer, every last one of us.
Transurban is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Click Apply now.