|Job Type:||Full Time|
The more informed we are about what is happening on our roads, and within the functional areas that support them, the better we can plan for the future. Due to steady growth and an evolving complex finance function, we have recently adapted our operating model to equip us for the next phase.
This newly created role will be part of the Accounting Services team and will play a critical part in supporting projects across various areas such as West Gate Tunnel, Technology and Customer teams, providing project accounting and analytical insights to the business. You'll also build your technical accounting skills by helping account for major maintenance, fixed and intangible assets across the Transurban Group. This position will span across our assets, maintenance and operational teams, giving you exposure across multiple parts of the business.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll get involved in the set up and maintenance of fixed assets, intangible assets and projects accounting data
- You'll manage the financial accounting requirements for various projects including capitalisation of new assets and related activities
- You'll perform month-end activities related to fixed assets and intangible assets ledger accounts, i.e. capitalisation of new assets, disposal, depreciation and amortisation etc.
- You'll prepare general journals for project transactions, including accruals, payments to suppliers, the State and intercompany transactions
- You'll close and capitalise projects, including coordination with project managers, tax team, clean up and reconciliation activities
- You'll prepare balance sheet reconciliations within month-end timetable for all project related and fixed assets accounts
- You'll assist internal stakeholders understand the accounting behind projects, fixed assets and intangible assets. Including providing support to the external auditors with regards to the above.
The talents you'll bring:
- You'll have a project and fixed assets accounting background, ideally from an operational or assets-based business/ industry
- You'll have completed your degree and qualified in Business, Commerce or Finance
- As a strong communicator, you enjoy dealing with various stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
- Working knowledge of policy related to capitalisation of project expenditure would be advantageous
- You're naturally analytical and have good technical accounting skills
- You'll possess high levels of attention to detail, with the accuracy of the information you compile so that your stakeholders can make the right decisions
- You're a team player, but you have no problem working independently to achieve identified goals
- You enjoy problem solving, and enjoy the various challenges that come with a fast-paced and evolving organisation.
- Comfortable with change, you are open minded and able to adapt to new situations with ease
- Systems savvy, you're keen to learn about our new ERP, Workday.
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer, every last one of us.
Transurban is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Click Apply now.