|Job Type:||Full Time|
The more informed we are about what is happening on our roads, and within the functional areas that support them, the better we can plan for the future. Due to steady growth and an evolving complex finance function, we have recently adapted our operating model to equip us for the next phase.
Joining our team as a Senior Accountant - Group and Treasury, you'll gain exposure to the whole business (and its assets) to really understand the financials behind them. You'll be involved in areas such as consolidations (for Transurban Group, WCX and Transurban QLD), cash flows, analysis, month end reconciliations and treasury accounting at the group level.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll be involved in the Month End process at the Corporate and Group level. This covers cash flows, consolidation activities, accounting for complex transactions, tax, as well as set up and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- You'll cover Treasury Accounting activities including hedge accounting, analysis and valuations
- You'll play a leading role in continuous improvement initiatives both day to day and project related (such as cash flow automation, reporting uplift and system changes)
- You'll provide support during the audit process, providing key information to resolve any queries
- You'll provide coaching to junior team members and peer to peer coaching
- You'll develop a greater level of technical accounting knowledge across the broader Transurban Group.
The talents you'll bring:
- Ideally, you would have had your career commence within Chartered. You may be considering your first move into industry or already gained some corporate experience
- You'll be a qualified accountant (such as CA or CPA), or close to completing your qualifications
- You're inquisitive and eager to learn. You thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy the challenges a growing business can throw your way
- Attention to detail is a given, with a strong focus on operational excellence
- Being adaptable comes second nature to you - you work best when you're busy, and enjoy working collaboratively together to provide solutions for the broader business
- Your strong communication skills mean you can build excellent relationships both internally and externally
- You enjoy mentoring and providing guidance to more junior team members, allowing them to build confidence and flourish in an ever-changing environment
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer, every last one of us.
Transurban is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Start changing the world around you. Click Apply now.