|Location:||New South Wales|
War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
The Transitional Aged Care Program based at War Memorial Hospital provides temporary, multidisciplinary support and low level therapy packages to both residential and community clients. The War Memorial Hospital TAC Registered Nurse will provide essential nursing input including medication management, wound management and case management support to clients in the community under an enablement and restorative model of care. The TAC packages aim to facilitate clients to continue to live in their own environment for as long as possible.
The role involves working closely together with other nursing staff and allied health professionals within the TACP to provide time limited, goal driven and client centred care. There are also additional opportunities to work extra hours up to full time or casually on the inpatient wards at WMH as part of this role.
This role is perfect for a registered nurse who is self-motivated and enjoys working autonomously, providing home visits for elderly patients. This position would suit an individual who has a can do attitude, values team work and is interested in working in a growing and dynamic area of integrated primary community care specialising in the field of Aged care.
This is an exciting opportunity for career development and to be a part of a valuable service.
WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
Selection Criteria :
1. Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia and current NSW Drivers’ license Class C
2. Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in the area of aged care, rehabilitation or other relevant specialty with post graduate qualification or interest in working towards same
3. Demonstrated experience or interest in working in the community including ability to perform comprehensive, client centered nursing assessments, nursing care and case management of older people, in particular those with dementia or with complex health care needs with a rehabilitation focus
4. Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
5. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating across all levels and departments within WMH and external stakeholders
6. Experience in delegating and supervising nursing duties to other nursing/care personnel ensuring quality, effective clinical care standards are maintained with efficient use of resources
7. Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development, evidence based practice and quality improvement principles
8. Demonstrated proficiency or willingness to learn contemporary health information systems, inclusive of electronic medical records, MS Office and relevant portals
Position Description: PD_TAC RN_TPT_Nov 2020.doc
Application Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms May 2019.pdf
Helen Tassell - TAC Manager
(02) 9369 0438 or 0434 431 714
Closing Date & Time:
Sunday, 29 November 2020 @ 11.30pm