|Job Type:||Full Time|
An opportunity is available for a Landfill Supervisor to join our North Bannister Resource Recovery park (‘NBRRP’).
About the role
Reporting to the NBRRP Manager, you will supervise operations to ensure compliance with performance, licence and safety targets. The position will also provide back up for the Organics Supervisor.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for day to day management of operations, including preventative action and measurement with regard to company quality, safety and environmental standards
- Ensure waste disposal and acceptance in accordance with SUEZ procedures, Site licence and State and Federal Legislation
- Manage the landfill leachate collection system in a fully operational condition at all times inclusive of pipework, pumps, valves and power supply. Ensure all leachate lines and infrastructure is maintained in an excellent undamaged condition.
- Maximising leachate treatment effectiveness through assisted evaporation and recirculation
- Subcontractor management for landfill operations and general maintenance activities
- Keep senior management informed of operating conditions, trends and incidents arising from the operation of the landfill
- Ensure all employees & contractors on site comply with all Collation of daily data as required
- Ensure that adequate training and support is provided to staff
- Provide back-up assistance to the Organics Supervisor and NBRRP Manager as required when on leave;
- Respond to Emergency and Security events after hours as they occur and directed by Operations Manager
- Other duties as required or directed to ensure the achievement if the position objective or other business objectives of SUEZ.
With experience gained in Waste management, civil or mining operations, ideally you have completed a Cert IV in Frontline management and hold relevant HR, Front end and Skid-steer licences. Your experience can demonstrate an ability to train, coach and mentor direct reports and you hold safety as a core value. You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, advanced problem-solving ability, and a positive approach towards continual business improvement. A working knowledge of OHS legislation is also vital.