|Location:||Bay Of Plenty|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Transport Services Surfacing team is growing rapidly, with ambitious goals and we have a newly created role for a Quantity Surveyor to join us during this exciting phase. To be part of this results driven, professional team could be a real catalyst in your career journey.
About the role
Based in Hamilton/Tauranga and working across the wider Central region, you’ll be part of a close knit team reporting to the Surfacing Manager – Central, working across a range of maintenance and civil infrastructure projects within the surfacing department.
You’ll be involved in supporting the delivery of our Surfacing Contracts. Your days will consist of a mix of providing commercial, contractual and risk management expertise to improve business performance of the surfacing business and its profitability – no pressure!
You’ll also be involved in:
- Client and other stakeholder interfaces with the Surfacing business Managers, supporting the resolution of contractual issues
- Implementing measures to mitigate risk and providing early warning of unexpected contractual, risk or financial outcomes
- Coach and develop the commercial awareness of our Surfacing managers and contract engineers
- Prepare monthly forecast updates and help with claim preparation, reconciliation
Working as part of this close knit team, you’ll be flexible and adaptable to work across a variety of civil projects, and bring with you a background in roading and degree in civil infrastructure.
You’ll couple this with proven experience in the tendering process within a major contracting environment. And bring with you:
- A high degree of computer literacy including use of estimating software (ideally CCS Candy)
- A strong understanding of NZS3910
- A high level written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to work closely within a great team
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 574598.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.