WHO WE ARE
As one of Australia’s most experienced mining contractors, Downer Mining operate across multiple commodities within Australia and overseas. With a strong focus on delivering the best outcomes for our clients, Downer Mining’s extensive capabilities, coupled with our commitment to Zero Harm, innovative technology and an inclusive workplace, position us among Australia’s leading mining services providers.
Eliwana is FMG's new Iron Ore project based in the Pilbara. In line with a second phase ramp up we have an immediate requirement for a qualified Facilities Management Tradesperson to join the Downer team on a 2:1 roster.
Delivering a high level of facilities management services across Downer assets and maintenance areas on site
- Minimum 5 years' proven experience in a similar role within Facilities Management environment
- Previous experience in trade services – Carpentry/Handyman
- Understands building or facility management including essential safety measures
- Has the ability to make critical decisions in a timely manner
- Organised and process driven
- Take immediate action to resolve compliance issues (where possible) and report any unresolved compliance matters for resolution
- Undertake regular inspections of Essential Building Services which includes fire equipment, water, power, emergency and exit lighting and surrounds to ensure that all equipment is in place, and in good working order
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Manage building compliance in line with legislative requirements to the extent of their capacity to do so
- Identify opportunities to improve building efficiency by providing cost and effort saving initiatives through proactive management of the site and maintain the Asset database for future planning
- Ensure prompt and effective communication with Project Managers and Maintenance Superintendents
- Maintain accurate property details and work order data to ensure compliance
- Monitor and follow-up work/requests until completed to satisfaction
- Review and establish maintenance plans
- Always ensure prompt and effective communication
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and longevity of employment on a new project
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
Eliwana is the new flagship project from FMG. The camp is brand new and comes with all expected modern amenities including a state of the art gym, swimming pool, basketball courts, tennis courts, football oval, walking track and both indoor and outdoor eating /drinking facilities. Rooms are spacious with en-suite bathrooms and Foxtel TV.
At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your current resume to this application. For any queries or help with your application please contact Melanie Greenfield on (08) 6212 9523.
To ensure your application is considered, please apply through the correct channels. Email applications are not be guaranteed to be considered.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.