At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Our Global BHP Technology function is undergoing an exciting transformation journey and moving towards more modern ways of working. Be part of a newly formed global DevOps team that partners with our Operations, Functions to drive improvement and innovation in safety, culture, productivity and social value through the application of world class technology.
As part of the Global Applications and ERP (ERP Platforms and ERP Cloud Apps) team, you will report directly into the Manager ERP Platforms and ERP Cloud Apps, and be accountable for governing the standards and solution architecture and driving stability and sustainability of the ERP Reporting platforms, and drive the DevOps implementation by working collaboratively with the NGO partners. This role is based in Perth.
In this role, your key accountabilities will include:
- Drive the DevOps implementation for ERP Reporting platforms and govern the model with the Outsourcing Partner
- Drive stability and sustainability of operational ERP Reporting platforms
- Drive ERP Reporting Platform Strategy and Roadmap by constantly optimizes the portfolios through timely review/refresh/modernise of the strategy/roadmap/architecture of the applications
- Manage and govern the Standards and Solution Architecture of ERP Reporting Platform
- Work collaboratively with the Outsourcing Partner to constantly optimize the performance and reliability of the ERP Reporting platforms, and to ensure the delivery of fit-for-purpose application enhancements through Demand Process
- Support the execution of Opportunity Assessment and Identification & Selection process for projects under the ERP platforms portfolio.
- Provide subject matter expertise to Technology projects and DevOps teams to drive collaboration within the team to ensure effective execution of solution design on projects and demand requests.
- Engage with internal stakeholders in technology and business stakeholders (when required) for enterprise architecture, business requirements, scope review for Projects and Continuous Improvement
- Communicate with SMEs across the SAP ERP landscape regarding operational support of SAP, with focus on integration with dependent processes and applications.
- Commit to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development, as well as BHP’s Charter and Code of Conduct.
- 12-15 years of experience within SAP Reporting Platforms, working in a multinational organization or consulting organization, specializing in solution design and architecture of ERP (SAP) Reporting Platform.
- Expert (Subject Matter Expertise) in at least three (3) or more of the following areas, covering the expertise in Data Modelling, Solution Design, Solution Governance and Configuration experiences:
- SAP Business Intelligence (SAP BW/4HANA), inclusive of HANA Calculation View Modelling
- SAP Business Intelligence (SAP Embedded BW on HANA 7.5), inclusive of HANA Calculation View Modelling
- SAP Business Objects
- SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP BI Integrated Planning (BI-IP)
- Minimum successful five (5) full lifecycle implementation projects of relevant SAP Reporting modules as a Solution Design Lead in Global project implementations.
- Solid understanding on SAP applications data model and processes.
- Ability to supervise, lead and work effectively in a diverse and globally dispersed virtual team environment
- Team working skills that capable of engaging and influencing different key stakeholders and ability to manage conflicts/issues
- Ability to enforce structure and discipline but remain flexible to situational priorities and provide timely decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Relevant SAP Application Certification is desirable.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related (STEM) discipline is desirable.
- Knowledge & practical experience in the area of Agile, DevOps methodologies and practices is an advantage
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.