|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mott MacDonald Melbourne is working as part of a major rail project that will shape the communities in which we live and holds fantastic opportunities for growth and development. As such we are looking for an experienced Senior Rolling Stock Engineer (Electrical) to join us and be part of our team.
Here at Mott MacDonald Group we are a dynamic and innovative management, engineering and development consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide. Wholly independent and employee owned, we have staff worldwide working in all sectors including transport, energy, buildings, advisory, water and the environment.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and driven Senior Rolling Stock Engineer to contribute to the success of our growing transport team in Melbourne and across Australia. With an increasing and diverse portfolio of work, we need someone who has a proven record in this field, and who has a pro-active and enthusiastic approach with a drive to succeed and help develop the team.
In the role of Senior Rolling Stock Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical specialist support in rolling stock and railway systems engineering disciplines. This role will provide the opportunity to work on major projects including Metro Tunnel, Suburban Rail Loop, VRIP and Western Program Alliance (WPA).
Key duties of the role will include:
* Providing technical and specialist consultancy skills for assignments in Australia and overseas when required. The ability to travel for audits and inspections will also be required.
* Providing specialist engineering skills and guidance on rolling stock and railways systems.
* Use your experience and skills to support Due Diligence and Independent Reviewer roles.
* Provide support to the Technical Director in the expansion of the Railways business and provide input to, or manage, responses to 'Requests for Tenders'.
The successful applicant will have:
* Electrical Engineering Degree and Chartered Engineer status preferred.
* Minimum of 8-10 years' railways related experience.
* Experience in the design and manufacture of rolling stock.
* Rolling stock systems engineering experience.
* Specialist knowledge of one or more rolling stock disciplines (e.g. traction systems, train control systems, etc.)
* Experience of client facing roles and be able to communicate in a highly effective manner both verbally and in writing.
It will also be beneficial for the applicant to have:
* Rolling stock procurement and evaluation experience, particularly on PPP contracts.
* Working knowledge of Australian approvals and certification processes.
In turn you'll be working on projects that shape the community in which we live. There's no time like now to make a change.