|Job Type:||Full Time|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Lawyer (2+ PQE) to join our Intellectual Property & Technology team located in Brisbane on a full time basis.
Working closely with Simon Newcomb and Cameron Gascoyne, this role will see you working at the forefront of technology and outsourcing deals for a range of government and private sector clients. You will also be involved in leading edge intellectual property, privacy and cybersecurity matters.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- at least 2 years post-qualification with experience in drafting and negotiating contracts in a (preferably top tier) firm environment
- experience in technology contracts is not essential
- front end client facing and negotiation skills
- a strong academic record of achievement
- an interest in technology
In addition to this, we are looking for someone who:
- applies natural creativity and intelligence to problem solving
- wants to learn new skills under the mentoring of specialist partners
- likes working in a high performing team
- has great communication skills
- has a proactive and commercial approach and a strong client service focus
- has a high level of attention to detail
The Intellectual Property and Technology team
Our Intellectual Property and Technology team is one of Australia's largest and most experienced specialist groups and works at the forefront of rapid regulatory and technological change.
Our Australian and internationally based clients include government agencies, regulators, major telcos, television and radio networks, content providers, private equity firms, banks (international and local), sporting bodies, film production companies, online service providers, new media companies, media personalities and their agents, print and digital publishers, and IT software and equipment suppliers and their users.
For further information, please visit our Telecommunications, Media and Technology showcase page on LinkedIn.
How to Apply?
We prefer to work directly with candidates, if you are interested in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or contact the consultant, details below, for more information. Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements, please feel free to discuss your flexibility needs with the recruiter for this role.
Consultant Contact DetailsEmma Tyson, (03) 9286 6682
Accessibility and Inclusion
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. Do you require any support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application? If so, please contact the recruiter via the above telephone number or via email to email@example.com.
Clayton Utz does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Clayton Utz Recruitment Team. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to Clayton Utz partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and Clayton Utz will not be liable for a fee.