South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
About the role
Reporting to the Tax Manager, this role’s primary focus is to complete direct and indirect tax compliance and tax accounting process for Australian entities, being accountable for the technical accuracy, completeness and timeliness of these deliverables. The role also provides direct and indirect tax advice to the Australia business operations and functions on an as needs basis and assists the Tax Manager in managing indirect tax revenue authority relationships.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Tax compliance
- Preparation and lodgement of income tax, royalty, GST, payroll tax and other indirect tax returns for Australian entities
- Preparation of the payment of all taxes, royalties and refund claims for Australian entities
- Preparation of tax accounting and forecasted tax positions for Australian entities
- Tax controversy
- Assistance with adhering to indirect tax revenue authority compliance arrangements including reviews, audits and litigations with authorities in Australia
- Identification of tax risks
- Tax advisory
- Assistance in preparation of tax advice on Australian income tax, royalty and indirect tax matters
- Continuous Improvement
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives which mitigate process risk and increase transparency of calculations and outcomes
This position will be based out of our Perth head office in the heart of the CBD.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Law
- CA/CPA or equivalent accounting qualification
- Demonstrated strong commercial, tax technical and financial accounting experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a mid-sized or large corporate team or a professional services environment
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.