- Full-Time Permanent Role
- Key Operational Position
- Melbourne based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Origin offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities – from project management and leadership, to technical and engineering. Working for Origin can take you all over Australia - in the field, as well as in the office – or around the world. With global energy demand growing, Origin is looking for new ways to meet that need and create tomorrow’s energy solutions. It is an exciting time to be a part of Origin.
This is a unique opportunity to join the National Response Centre team based in Docklands. Working closely with Business Energy team, you’ll be responsible for Processing inbound faults and emergencies, non-emergency and monitoring calls, dispatching of emergency and non-emergency requests to the field and communication support across a number fo water and energy providers.
Day to day your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Accurately and timely capture of call information, entering all information received into relevant systems for use by a Dispatcher; and
- Processing updates and further information regarding an event status.
- Responding to inbound faults and emergency and non-emergency calls within regulatory and contractual timeframes;
- Dispatching service orders within regulatory and contractual timeframes, providing notification to the Senior Response Officer if this performance measure is at risk of being breached.
- Planning and dispatch of work orders to meet installation timeframe windows;
- Notifying the Senior Response Officer immediately of any incident which has the potential to escalate.
IS THIS YOU?
- You’ll need to be a self-motivated, flexible, proactive problem solver. You must also hold a minimum of a year 12 education.
- To be shortlisted you will have been exposed to:
- Fast paced inbound call centre environments
- Handling inbound emergency calls from the public
- Despatching emergency field resources to incidents desirable but not essential
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Energy Supply and Operationsbusiness plays a key role in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to power Australian homes and businesses. We're the largest owner of natural gas-fired power stations in Australia, and generate more than 7,400 MW of power through our flexible generation portfolio. We’re also a major supporter in the growth of renewable supply and storage, supporting a cleaner energy future.
We’re looking for passionate and forward-thinking people to help, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Jack Betton - 03 9652 5219, quote Requisition ID: 77469
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au