At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance Contracts, you will be responsible for providing technical support to the processes that govern Contractor Management for site to ensure company and legislative compliance.
The role offers a choice of flexible roster (4/2/4/4 or 4/3) and travel arrangements including FIFO Brisbane, DIDO or residential with camp accommodation (if required) for the successful applicant.
- Assist in the management of contractor agreements and compliance with the Contractor Management System and Legislative requirements.
- Record keeping and data entry
- Invoice / time sheet verification
- Participate in vendor engagement meetings including, monthly performance, pre-mobilisation and de-mobilisation
- Facilitate and participate in Risk Assessments
- Auditing and reporting
Qualifications and skills required:
- A high level of attention to detail with the ability to organise and manage competing demands and priorities
- Strong computer skills. Highly regarded if experienced in SAP, Documentum and SharePoint
- Skilled in handling and recording sensitive and confidential information
- Exceptionally organised and ability to lead your own work
- G2 – RIIRIS402 Carry out Risk Management Processes
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement.
You will have excellent communication skills, verbal and written skills and the ability to work autonomously when required.
Experience in contract administration/management, procurement or supply chain within mining or similar heavy industries desirable.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.