|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Exciting opportunity to support the major subcontracts and foster engaging relationships for largest shipbuilding project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- The location for this role is temporarily considered “remote” due to the current requirements for Australians to practice social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Typically the role will based in Adelaide.
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Subcontract Officer in our team based in Osborne, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting through to the Head of Category A& B Subcontracts in Supply Chain, you will be responsible for managing major subcontracts for procurement packages to meet the project requirements of cost, quality whilst facilitating working relationships with supplier, their supply chains and internal stakeholders.
More specifically, you will
- Support the sub-contract management of subcontracts through effective contract administration including milestones, claims, notices/letters, and flow down of contract amendments.
- Utilise your inherent knowledge of UK and foreign supply chain used on Global Combat Ship (GCS) to manage major sub-contracts and relationships
- Administer and monitor variations to the subcontracts and support the resolution of contractual issues and disputes arising
- Facilitate and engage with subcontractors, project management and operational staff to ensure a comprehensive and coordinated approach to the interface with the subcontractor is maintained
- Apply sub-contracting methodologies obtained through familiarity of methodologies applied on GCS to manage major sub-contractors.
- Raise issues, risks and improvement recommendations with subcontract to the project and procurement management team
- Act as the interface with the line of business (LOB) Commercial Manager to ensure alignment between the Head Contract and the Subcontracts and the correct flow down and flow up of contract changes as required
- Implement and follow the procurement policies and procedures ensuring compliance with relevant acts, legal demands and ethical standard
- Support the management of key contractual deliverables from sub-contractors which may include Technical Data and Software Rights schedules.
- Utilise existing relationships with UK based staff and supply chain partners to obtain value for money outcomes for the customer on GCS.
The salary range for this position is $81,095 - $101,370, plus superannuation guaranteed contribution, based on candidate experience.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and or commercial/operational administration within a engineering/defence organisation preferably with evidence of application on the GCS supply chain.
- Ability to work and interface with Operations staff during the execution of onsite subcontracts.
- Good commercial acumen with proven capability in contract/correspondence administration and the ability to understand the UK and European contractual position and how that may impact and differ from our Australian based Head contract obligations.
- An ability to foster engaging relationships with suppliers, project team members and potentially the suppliers' key subcontractors including those based in the UK and or Europe.
- An ability to progress issues and resolve actions with strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in engineering or commercial discipline with professional procurement qualification or a membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) is desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australiancitizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearancesubject.asp
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.